Changing your oil is one of the cheapest and most efficient way to maximise the lifespan of your engine.
How to recognise if your car needs to have the oil replaced? Here are a few tips:
- The easiest way is to keep track of oil changes and car mileage in your service book. Your car warranty will usually indicate the recommended manufacturer oil change intervals. Distances may vary between 3000 and 15000 miles depending on the model you drive.
- Your oil is black and gritty
- Your engine works louder than normal
- You cannot remember the last time you changed oil
- Your oil or check engine warning lights keep coming on, indicating possible oil level drop and increased oil consumption